A Message from the Board
Seniors—The Board of Directors Needs your Help!
Next Board Meeting is Wednesday, September 11 at 9:30 AM
We want your Senior Center to offer the programs and activities that most interest our members. As a member of the Board of Directors, you are able to share your ideas and suggestions and assist in “making things happen.”
Our Board meetings are once a month from 9:30 to 11:00 am. You would need to give some time to assist with Board functions during the year. We are an active, fun Board and welcome new faces.
If you are interested, please give your name and phone number to the receptionist at the front desk or call the Senior Center at 845-7471 with that information. One of our Board members will call you to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Please consider joining our Board and contributing to one of the best Senior Centers around!
The Friends of Verona Senior Center Board of Directors sends a huge Thank you to all the wonderful businesses and personal donors to our Silent Auction. Click here for the PDF version.
Did you know…..
- New and exciting experiences have come to the Senior Center. The much anticipated Rendever Virtual Reality equipment has arrived, and with the Board’s generous monthly subscription, seniors now have the chance to visit places they once only dreamed about.
- We will be holding a MEGA Fundraiser in July this year and have many exciting ideas in mind. A “street dance,” brat sale, raffle, silent auction and “kid’s corner” are some of the things in the works. If you have anything you would like to donate for the silent auction, please bring those items to the front desk and fill in the donation form. ALL DONATIONS MUST BE IN NEW CONDITION. We hope all of you will join in the fun.
- The Board now has a box for donations, suggestions or comments on the counter near the check-in screen. Please share your comments and suggestions. We are always looking for new ideas and ways to improve your experience. Donations to the Friends Board are tax deductible.
- Donations and proceeds from fundraisers are monies used to
- fund Rendever
- purchase snacks for Coffee Hour
- Club 108
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Chat and Chew, etc. and some of the special events held each year
- They are also used to help provide the music programs everyone enjoys
- The Friends Board also maintains a Helping Hands Fund for emergencies
- The success of the Senior Center is due in large part to all the volunteers that generously give their time. There are many opportunities available for anyone to join in, so please consider volunteering.
Friends of Verona Senior Center Board
Family Fun Mega Fundraiser
Mark the date for Saturday, July 28th to join in our Senior Center Family Fund day!
- Brats and Hot Dogs
- Silent Auction
- DJ and Dancing
- Kids Korner
- 50/50 Raffle
For the latest flier click here. (Posted 5/3/18)