Recycling at Verona Senior Center
Thanks to the support of the Lions Club, VSC now recycles eyeglasses. Simply drop off your old lens to be repurposed through the Lion’s Club.
Please be mindful when depositing trash and recylcling
at the Senior Center. If trash gets put in the BLUE RECYCLING BINS,
VSC will be charged. Thank you for your help!
Thanks to all who donated used plastic bags. We received our second recycled bench that will be added to our backyard space. A special thanks to the Verona Lions Club and the Verona American Legion Post 385 for donating this bench to VSC.
TerraCycle follows many steps to recycle the products we collect.
1. Regulatory review – TerraCycle completes an extensive assessment of the materials they recycle. Steps are taken to follow local, regional, and national regulations to confirm how each item in the accepted waste list can be safely collected, shipped, and/or stored in each market.
2. Receipt & check-in – Shipments of waste are sent to a Material Recovery Facilities (MRFs), which are located in the same country in which the waste originates. TerraCycle currently operates in 21 countries!!
3. Sortation & aggregation – Materials are sorted based on material characteristics and composition, using a wide variety of sorting technologies, including manual sortation, size separation, sink/foat, optical, air density, gravity, magnetic, and more, in order to route material downstream for proper processing and handling. Incineration (or any other form of converting waste to energy) is avoided.
4. Cleaning & processing – Once sorted, the different material types are cleaned and then sent to third-party partners to process the materials into usable forms. For example, metals and aluminum are shredded and smelted into metal sheeting, ingots, or bar stock. Glass is crushed and melted to be used in new glass bottles (if clear), or brick, cement, or concrete applications (if colored). Rubber is generally cryo-milled into a powdered state for flooring
applications. Organics are composted or used in industrial and commercial fertilizers. Plastics are the largest category of material they collect. These materials are size-reduced (made smaller by being shredded or ground), then melted and reformatted into pellets, fakes, or a powder format.
5. What happens to the recycled material?
After they recycle the waste into raw material, it’s sold to manufacturing companies who produce the end product and complete the recycling journey. These end products may include outdoor furniture and decking, plastic shipping pallets, watering cans, storage containers and bins, tubes for construction applications, flooring tiles, playground surface covers, athletic fields, and more!
For more details visit
4/1/2022 – update
We have filled our first bucket full of glasses…
keep them coming!