14 Mar April 2020 – Hello from the Director
Spring has sprung and we are ready!! As you may have noticed, we are updating and upgrading parts of the Senior Center. We will be having some AVHC work and some spring maintenance work done and as the weather warms, we will have some outdoor maintenance done too. This work will not disturb any programming.
Speaking of programming, we have a number of new programs this month, so be sure to check out all the Earth Day events on page three…wow! And, here are a few others we are very excited about:
- Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin and offering FREE Comprehensive Medication Reviews on Thursday, April 23rd. Registered Pharmacists will be at the Senior Center to offer one-on-one
appointments to discuss medication usage. To make an appointment, please call the Verona Senior Center at 608-845-7471. Spaces are limited!
- Diabetic Foot Care -Starting this month the Senior Center will be offering Diabetic Foot Care. This service will be available for $25 and will take place on the fourth Tuesday of every month. See page 13 for details. (If you would be interested in being a Foot Care volunteer, please call Alasa.)
- NEW!! Dance Aerobics – Zumba like dance class: 8 week series, Thursdays April 2nd – May 21. Cost $35. Please make payment to Verona Senior Center. Join new instructor Rachel for an upbeat, energetic cardiovascular workout with rhythmic dance sequences like Zumba that is sure to get your body moving. More details on page 12.
This month we will also be celebrating our volunteers. Our Volunteer Appreciation event will take place on Monday, April 6, at 11:30 AM. If you are a VSC volunteer, please join us for a presentation from Skip Jones entitled “How to Be a Hero.” Lunch provided by Tuvalu. Please RSVP by calling the front desk at 608-845-7471.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Here are some from the box along with my responses in green.
- Have a Sing-a-long. We will look for a time to try this again. If you are interested in leading an ongoing group, please let Alasa know.
- Have a check-in on Schedules Plus that says “meet with staff.” When someone meets with staff such as Case Management, this information is documented and data captured already.
- Could we have a beginning Bridge and/or other card games? We would love this but, we would need a volunteer to start and run the group(s). If you are interested in leading this please contact Alasa.
Thank you for all the ideas. We look forward to seeing you at the Senior Center.
Stephanie Ehle, Director