19 Jan February 2020 – Heart Awareness Month
I am addressing how oral health has a connection with our heart health.
Studies have shown the following:
1. Gum disease (periodontitis) is associated with an increased risk of developing heart disease.
2. Poor dental health increases the risk of a bacterial infection in the bloodstream which can affect the heart valves.
3. Tooth loss patterns are connected to coronary artery disease.
4. There is a strong connection between diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
5. There is a connection between dental care and dementia.
Even though oral health isn’t a key to heart disease prevention, it is so important to take
care of your teeth and gums. Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Floss daily.
Schedule regular dental checkups and cleanings.
PLEASE JOIN US!
Thursday, February 27 at 10:00 AM
Dr. Besley from Besley Family Dentistry will be here to talk about oral health/hygiene and how it relates to heart health and overall health.