Information and Assistance for Seniors, their Families and Caregivers
- confidential needs assessments
- information on Medicare/Medicaid benefits and supplemental insurances
- referrals to appropriate in-home support services and resources
- housing information
Daily meal served to meet nutritional guidelines for adults 60 and over
- menu available in the Chronicle or on the meals tab on our home page
- meals $5.00 per person unless otherwise announced
- reservations required by noon the preceding day
- congregate meal served at the Senior Center at 11:30 a.m.
- home-delivered meals provided to those homebound or with other special needs
Transportation is available for City of Verona residents ages 55 and older. Van rides are provided in Verona from 10:00 am – 2:30 pm daily for local stores, clinics and salons.
Scheduled out-of-town shopping trips are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays. See the Chronicle newsletter for each month’s destinations.
RSVP Volunteer Driver Escorts for Medical/Dental Rides Require Advance Appointments.
- Van is wheelchair accessible and has a mechanical lift
- Verona ride requests filled on a same-day basis as time and space allow
- Verona van rides suggested donations are:
- Round trip to Senior Center is $1.00
- Round trip to other sites is $2.00
- Round trip to out of town shopping is $4.00 Monday, Tuesday & Thursday
- Pickup/drop off at your home
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Driver escorts are available for out of town medical appointments only.
- Passengers must be able to ride in traditional passenger car with minimal assistance.
- Rides are provided on a donation basis payable directly to RSVP.
- Reservations must be made a minimum of 2-3 working days in advance.
Assistive devices (wheelchairs, walkers, canes, bath benches, etc) Loaned at no cost ‘as available’ for the length of need. Items borrowed at borrower’s risk with no instruction on use of devices provided
Schedule varies. Check times and dates with Case Manager.
- Caregiver Support Group
- Parkinson’s Support Group
- AA Support Group
- Healthy Lifestyles – Discussion Group
- Club 108 – is an activity program for individuals with early memory loss.
- Hospice Information
- Informational Presentations
- AARP Tax Assistance
- UW Research Projects
- Veterans Group – open to all ages
Wednesdays, 9:30 am – 2:00 pm RN at the Senior Center for blood pressure, glucose and weight monitoring on a drop-in basis. General health consultations by appointment.
Wellness Programs, Services and Activities:
- Foot Care
- Balance and fall prevention classes
- Exercise classes including: Tai Chi, Yoga and more
- Flu shots
Verona Senior Center Policies:
In order to ensure efficient and productive operations, the City of Verona Senior Center has established and published policies.
Verona Senior Center Documents:
Check with the board.
Links to Websites of Interest to Seniors:
National Coalition on Aging/National Institute of Senior Centers (NCOA/NISC)
Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups (CWAG)
South Central Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Association