03 Mar September 2018 – Prep for Fall and Winter
Posted at 14:47h in Health News
September 2018 – Prep for Fall and Winter
September, 2018, begins the preparation for Fall and Winter. This includes updating immunizations and boosters for certain infections. Vaccines and boosters are very important for our senior population and their good health. Some important vaccinations for adults to be aware of are:
- Pneumococcal (Pneumonia);
- Hepatitis A&B;
- Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td);
- and Influenza (Flu).
The flu shot is scheduled at the
- Verona Senior Center on
- October 4, 2018, from 9:00 to Noon.
Healthy Lifestyles program
- Thursday, September 13 at 10:30
- we will resume our Healthy Lifestyles program.
- This month we will have Sara Hannemann, the coordinator for the SAFE at home program at SSM Health at Home. She will address the home environment, risk of falling, and how that affects independence. Please come and join in the program and discussion.
- Thursday, September 20 at 10:00
- Speaker: Laurie Couillard, Director of Group Engagement from the WPA
- Laurie Couillard, Director of Group Engagement from the WPA, will speak to us at the Parkinson’s Group. She will address the basics of Parkinson’s, but elaborate on treatments, as well as new exercise programs, such as Rock Steady Boxing, PD Dance, etc. Please come. I welcome your feedback.